NordVPN is likely one of the hottest VPN suppliers in the marketplace. It’s additionally one of many finest VPNs for Firestick due to its international community of servers, quick and unthrottled speeds, highly effective unblocking of streaming companies, and powerful safety. When it really works effectively, it lets you securely entry your favourite streaming apps even in case you’re touring overseas. However, that doesn’t imply that all the pieces works because it ought to on a regular basis. Occasional points would possibly stop you from streaming or accessing a region-locked streaming service with NordVPN.
In this submit, we’ll undergo the entire varied doable causes of NordVPN not working with Firestick and take you step-by-step via the method of fixing them. We’ll additionally advocate a few the opposite finest VPNs for Firestick in case you’d like to offer them a attempt.
Why isn’t NordVPN working with Firestick?
There are a number of potential causes for NordVPN not working with Firestick. The excellent news is that the overwhelming majority of points are fixable. In reality, they’re comparatively fast and simple to resolve most often.
NordVPN not working with Firestick? It’s most likely for one of many following causes:
- Server location: You’re not linked to a server within the applicable location for the streaming service you’d wish to entry. For instance, for Netflix US, you have to to connect with a US server to acquire an American IP deal with.
- Blacklisted IP: The IP deal with you’ve been assigned by NordVPN has been blacklisted by the streaming service in query.
- Cache points: All streaming service apps create a cache which is saved in your Firestick’s storage. This in itself may cause occasional points.
- VPN-incompatible: It could also be that your Firestick merely doesn’t assist VPN apps. This is the case for all first technology Firesticks.
How to repair NordVPN not working with Firestick
Check your location
You can see the placement of the server to which you’re linked inside the NordVPN app. The corresponding IP deal with can be seen. If you’d wish to confirm the IP deal with in query, you are able to do so in your Firestick by going to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Network. Your present IP deal with might be displayed on the suitable hand aspect of the display.
Some streaming companies are solely out there in a single or two nations. For instance, BBC iPlayer is simply out there within the UK, Hulu is simply accessible within the US, and Stan is simply streamable in Australia. In all of these instances, it’s essential to hook up with a server inside the applicable nation.
Clear app cache
When you obtain and set up a streaming app on Firestick, the app creates a cache which is saved in your Firestick machine. This is meant to briefly retailer information in order that the app can launch quicker and reload from the place you final left off. It would possibly embrace previous location information that’s stopping you from streaming.
Data inside the cache can develop into corrupted. Furthermore, caches can develop into bloated, inflicting efficiency points that stop apps from working correctly. The resolution is to clear the app cache to create area. You can do that with the NordVPN app in addition to for the streaming app you’re attempting to entry.
Here’s the best way to clear your app cache on Firestick:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the streaming app you’re attempting to entry.
- Click the Clear cache button.
We advocate that you just then restart your Firestick machine by going to Settings > Device > Restart > Restart your Fire Stick.
Failing the above, a recent begin is a good suggestion. This includes eradicating after which reinstalling the NordVPN app in your Firestick. If your present set up does have any errors, these are prone to be erased.
Here’s the best way to reinstall NordVPN on Firestick:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Select the NordVPN app from the record.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot your machine by way of Settings > Device > Restart.
- Find NordVPN by going to Apps> Categories > Utility (or search “NordVPN”). Select the yellow obtain button subsequent to Get to obtain and set up the app.
Try a number of servers
Don’t be afraid to attempt a number of VPN servers. Streaming companies corresponding to Netflix repeatedly blacklist IP addresses in an effort to forestall VPN use. You could effectively have the ability to discover a NordVPN IP deal with that’s appropriate by switching servers. If you’re nonetheless struggling to seek out one which works, it’s a good suggestion to contact NordVPN’s buyer assist to ask which server works finest with the streaming platform in query.
How to check in to Firestick with NordVPN
Not having any points however simply have to get NordVPN arrange with your Firestick? Regardless of whether or not you utilize NordVPN or one other of the perfect VPNs for Firestick corresponding to Surfshark or ExpressVPN, the method of getting signed up and signed in may be very comparable.
Here’s how one can check in to Amazon Firestick utilizing NordVPN:
- Sign up with NordVPN which is the perfect VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick customers.
- Download and set up the NordVPN app in your Amazon Firestick by way of the Amazon Appstore.
- Open the NordVPN app and check in earlier than connecting to a server. You’ll be assigned a brand new IP deal with within the course of.
- Go to the streaming service you’re attempting to unblock. This ought to now be accessible with out additional restriction.
- If content material remains to be blocked, attempt clearing your app cache. Connecting to a special server may additionally repair the problem. Otherwise, it’s price contacting NordVPN’s assist.
NordVPN with Firestick: FAQs
Are there any free VPNs that work with Firestick?
Not as many free VPNs supply devoted Firestick apps. You should sideload their app onto the Firestick, which is much less user-friendly. Besides, free VPNs aren’t identified for his or her unblocking capability. Even in case you had been to seek out one which works with Firestick, you’d nonetheless wrestle to securely entry the likes of Netflix, Disney+, and HBO Max. Worse nonetheless, free VPNs sometimes interact in bandwidth throttling so streaming would endure from extreme lag and buffering anyway.
Performance points aren’t the one purpose you must keep away from utilizing a free VPN. There’s additionally some safety dangers, significantly if a free VPN doesn’t correctly encrypt your information or if it retains logs that it sells to 3rd events. In reality, UFO VPN claimed to be a zero logs VPN however stored detailed logs in plain textual content and with out password safety. When you’ve got NordVPN providing a risk-free money-back assure, there’s simply no want to make use of a free VPN.
How do Firestick apps know my location?
Each internet-connected machine is assigned a novel numerical identifier often called an IP deal with. If your IP deal with exhibits that you just’re in a rustic during which a selected Firestick app isn’t out there, the content material might be region-locked. This is often to guard copyright and current licensing agreements. Fortunately, you possibly can change your IP deal with with the assistance of a VPN corresponding to NordVPN.
You might have to vary the nation during which your Firestick is registered. To achieve this, go to Amazon in your desktop or cell machine and navigate to Accounts & Lists > Your content material and gadgets > Preferences > Country/Region Settings > Change. You’ll then have to fill out the shape, offering your new deal with.
Which streaming apps can I obtain on Firestick?
Thanks to utilizing a VPN service, you possibly can entry much more streaming apps in your Firestick machine. Here’s a listing of a few of the hottest: