Brands, companies, and influencers are using the facility of TikTook Live to have interaction audiences, promote merchandise, and construct their communities. But how do you go Live on TikTook, and what do you have to do? Lights, digital camera, motion—let’s take a look at how to go stay on TikTook.
Going Live on TikTook: The Basics
Before we get into the enjoyable stuff, let’s cowl some TikTook Live fundamentals. You want to know all this earlier than you attempt to go stay.
- Community pointers apply. TikTook’s group pointers nonetheless apply if you go stay. As the movies are moderated, they’ll catch you in case you break the principles. The guidelines are honest and canopy normal insurance policies like no unlawful topics, grownup content material, deceptive info, and so forth. Review the rules first.
- You should be over 16 to go stay. This is set by the birthdate you set if you initially create your TikTook profile. TikTook is strict on defending minors on the platform, so no dishonest.
- Be cautious on copyright, particularly music. TikTook permits a wider use of music than Instagram and YouTube. But you may’t use music that isn’t of their library or bought. For instance, a track taking part in within the background of your TikTook may see the video taken down or the sound muted.
- To unlock TikTook Live, you want to have over 1,000 followers. I’ve seen numerous workarounds and cheats talked about on-line. But largely, they don’t work and can go away you breaking TikTook’s group pointers. You can see the distinction beneath between my account @charlisays that has over 1,000 and @contentworks, which isn’t fairly there but.
There isn’t any LIVE tab on the video add + menu bar for Contentworks.
But for @charlisays, the LIVE possibility seems:
How to Go Live on TikTook
If you meet the factors above, then going Live on TikTook is very easy. Here’s a fast run by of the steps you want to take.
- Open TikTook in your cellphone, and faucet on the + on the backside of the display screen.
- Scroll throughout to Live and faucet on it to open the Live display screen.
- You can see the prompts on the display screen which embody title, matter, objective and picture. The title has a 32-character restrict, however you most likely received’t need to go over that anyway. Keep your title brief and engaging. Live Goal is lots of enjoyable as a result of it interprets to the cash you may earn by TikTook credit. You can add a charity you’re elevating cash for or one thing you’re saving for. You select an icon, which equates to bodily cash (if you’re over 18). Choose your icon correctly primarily based in your viewers. You’re extra probably to get decrease finish donations from followers, however, after all, these equate to much less cash for you. If you don’t need to set a objective you don’t have to, for manufacturers it often wouldn’t be the appropriate transfer.
As TikTok explains: “The TikTok Rewards is a referral program for us to show our way of showing gratitude towards the thriving community of TikTokers around the globe. Under this program, every eligible user can avail TikTok rewards and benefits.”
- It’s time to go Live! When you hit that button, your followers can be notified and might be a part of your stream if they need to. You can add up to 20 co-hosts on your stay session, and you too can edit numerous options when you’re Live. These embody the digital camera flip between selfie and entrance dealing with, results, and filtering out feedback.
- Your TikTook Live video will be up to 60 minutes. However, TikTook recommends half-hour primarily based on viewers consideration spans. For me, 30 continues to be fairly lengthy, so solely use that point in case you can stay participating all through. (Live concepts arising in a minute!)
- After ending your LIVE video, the LIVE replay can be out there from LIVE Center. You can then select to rewatch your LIVE video, obtain it to your gadget, or delete it.
To entry your LIVE replays observe these steps:
- In the TikTook app, faucet Profile.
- Hit the Menu button on the high.
- Tap Creator instruments.
- Choose LIVE Center, then faucet Replays.
Free Ebook: How to Launch a Brand on TikTok
LIVE replays can be found for 90 days, and you’ll delete them from Replays in LIVE Center at any time. For extra details about your archived Live movies, check out TikTok’s help centre. TikTook stay movies will disappear as soon as the printed has ended and won’t stay in your profile for followers who missed it. If you need to watch it once more later or add it you then want to put it aside when it’s nonetheless broadcasting. TikTook solely permits you to save your stay streams.
Related studying: How Agencies Can Manage Their Clients’ TikTook Accounts
TikTook Live: What Not to Do
Before we take a look at some TikTook Live concepts, you want to know what you aren’t going to do:
- Go Live with no concept about what you’ll say or do.
- Stream with a company PowerPoint or different bland presentation.
- Fail to inform your followers it’s taking place or advertise on different channels.
- Broadcast with out some objective or goal (even when it’s simply engagement).
- Forget to have interaction along with your viewers, acknowledge feedback and questions and thank customers for his or her participation.
- Miss the appropriate time slot. There’s not a lot level in going Live on TikTook whereas everyone seems to be asleep and even at work!
- Forget to take into consideration the technicalities. It’s annoying to watch a video the place the presenter has lots of background noise, a crackly microphone, or insufficient lighting. Check your sound and Internet connection first and take a look at to report with good sound and lighting.
Four Ideas for Your First TikTook Live
Going Live on any social media platform is thrilling as a result of it’s an area the place viewers can ask questions and have interaction with you within the second. It’s spontaneous, unedited, and a bit scary! We’ve acquired three concepts, nevertheless, to get you began.
1. Product launch
The pleasure of a Live TikTook is ideal for a product launch. You can hype your TikTook Live beforehand utilizing Agorapulse scheduling. Let your audiences know what time you’re going Live and a sneak preview of what may occur. You can even use a launch hashtag so to monitor exercise across the launch.
In a product launch video, you may:
- Talk about your new services or products and the options and advantages for patrons.
- Give away merchandise to the primary to be a part of, or those that remark beneath.
- Demonstrate the merchandise stay along with your crew or key members of your group.
- Make the viewers really feel part of your launch and firm milestones.
- Answer questions stay by studying the feedback left by members.
2. Q&A Session
81% of online shoppers conduct analysis on-line earlier than making a purchase order? So, consumers have lots of questions, they usually don’t at all times have a spot to ask them. Enter TikTook Live! By holding a stay Q&A session on TikTook Live, your potential consumers can have interaction with you, ask the questions they’ll’t discover solutions to and see the merchandise in motion.
In a Q&A Session stay video, you may:
- Easily clarify tough ideas or clear up product issues with a Live demo.
- Improve the authenticity of your model by placing a pleasant face on digital camera.
- Gage viewers sentiment on your model or product. If there are tons of adverse feedback then you may feed them again to your product crew.
- Make gross sales by dropping any product hyperlinks into the stream in case customers need to buy.
- Embed the Q&A in your web site weblog or FAQ part.
- Regain belief after firm modifications or a PR disaster.
Q&A features can be found in LIVE, giving creators the power to shortly see Q&A questions of their stream chats from a separate panel. Q&A options can be found to customers with Creator Accounts. To activate Q&A, go to your settings and privateness web page, choose Creator, faucet Q&A and hit the “Turn on Q&A” button.
Going Live on TikTook tip: Be prepared for tough questions that is perhaps off matter. I’ve seen Live Q&As the place the presenter is requested about current PR issues, gender pay gaps, CEO statements, and excellent buyer complaints. There isn’t any place to cover if you’re stay, so both reply the query actually or say that you simply don’t know and can contact the consumer privately.
Related learn: How to Launch a Brand on TikTok
3. Live procuring
Drive engagement on your merchandise to buyers who’re extra probably to purchase with TikTok Live Shopping.
With TikTook Live Shopping video, you may
- Tell the world about your TikTook store and encourage new viewers to observe you.
- Promote the options of a person product or showcase an identical vary like a bag and sneakers.
- Partner with influencers or creators to amplify your Live attain. Remember you may add cohosts to your Live stream.
- Offer unique low cost codes for Live viewers. Hint on the reductions if you promote the Live to ramp up views with some
- Be completely satisfied and love what you do like this curler skating queen (learn more about Live shopping ads).
4. Showcase the method of creating your product
Another TikTook concept is to present “the making of” your product. You can go Live on TikTook and present an order being made for considered one of your clients. This would work for any product primarily based enterprise whether or not it’s meals supply, jewellery, make-up or crafting. You might additionally do a “cook along” like Buzzfeed’s Tasty. Here viewers are becoming a member of a stay cooking present and might select to cook dinner together with Jasmine if they need!
The channel additionally embed the downloaded Live videos into their weblog making for some super-smart content material recycling!
Remember, with Agorapulse you may handle your TikToks, promotions, scheduling and analytics in the identical place as your different channels. That means you may dig into your video insights and pull off some nice studies on your firm or consumer.
Start crafting some superb TikTook content material and extra with Agorapulse. Schedule a FREE demo at present!