27. “Young people need models, not critics.”
28. “You can lose when you outscore somebody in a game. And you can win when you’re outscored.”
29. “I am just a common man who is true to his beliefs.”
30. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
31. “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.”
32. “Never mistake activity for achievement.”
33. “What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball player.”
34. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.”
35. “I think you have to be what you are. Don’t try to be somebody else. You have to be yourself at all times.”
36. “Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece. Help others. Drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day.”
37. “Never lie, by no means cheat, by no means steal. Don’t whine, don’t complain don’t make excuses.
38. “Don’t let making a living prevent you from making a life.”
39. “All of life is peaks and valleys. Don’t let the peaks get too high and the valleys too low.”
40. “Today is the only day. Yesterday is gone.”
41. “Material possessions, winning scores, and great reputations are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord, because He knows what we really are and that is all that matters.”
42. “Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.”
43. “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.”
44. “I’d rather have a lot of talent and a little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent.”
45. “Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.”
46. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.”
47. “Discipline yourself, and others won’t need to.”
48. “We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else.”
49. “When you hurry you’re more apt to make mistakes. But you have to be quick. If you’re not quick you can’t get things done.”
50. “Ability is a poor man’s wealth.”
51. “Just do the best you can. No one can do more than that.”
52. “I don’t believe in praying to win.”
53. “Just do the best you can. No one can do more than that.”
54. “Love is the most important thing in the world. Hate, we should remove from the dictionary.”
55. “It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.”
Conclusion John Wooden Quotes 2023
John Wooden is called among the finest basketball coaches of all time. But what made him so profitable? One vital issue was his philosophy on life, which he shared within the type of quotes.
These quotes are relevant to anybody, not simply athletes. They emphasize the significance of arduous work, self-discipline, and perspective. If you apply these ideas to your personal life, you possibly can obtain something you set your thoughts to.
What do you concentrate on John Wooden’s philosophy? Will you attempt making use of a few of these quotes to your personal life?