It’s virtually unbelievable how briskly social media has grown during the last decade. With newer social media platforms rising, netizens have too many scorching leisure locations.
While the youths dominate TikTookay and Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter stay secure areas for boomers and Gen X. Keeping a watch on prime social media statistics can present worthwhile insights into person behaviour, developments, and alternatives.
By understanding the prevailing social media panorama, you possibly can develop spot-on methods to have interaction your target market, drive progress, and keep forward within the age of updates.
Without any additional ado, let’s dive proper in.
1. Facebook had 2.989 billion month-to-month lively customers in April 2023.
2. 70% of netizens are lively on not less than one Meta platform.
3. 1 billion tales are posted every single day throughout Facebook apps.
4. About 15% of feed content material is AI-recommended from non-followed accounts.
5. 67% of month-to-month customers are lively on Facebook every day.
6. 7% of Gen Z customers plan to stop Facebook in 2023, whereas 25% are decided to spend much less time right here.
7. On common, a typical person is lively on Facebook for 19.7 hours a month.
8. The common Facebook Page posts 1.68 instances per day.
9. The common engagement charge for a Facebook Page publish is 0.07%.
10. The common conversion charge is 9.21% throughout industries.
11. 1 billion individuals message a enterprise on Facebook apps weekly.
12. Almost 53% of customers are seemingly to purchase from a enterprise they will message.
13. 54.9% of customers observe or analysis manufacturers and merchandise on Facebook.
14. The common Facebook Page within the retail business receives 974,000 month-to-month impressions.
16. The potential attain for Facebook advert reels is 697.1 million.
17. The common Facebook Business Page within the retail business receives 974,000 month-to-month impressions.
18. 140 billion Reels get performed every day throughout Facebook apps.
19. 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
20. There are over 10 million teams on Facebook.
21. Instagram is the most-downloaded app on this planet.
22. 2 billion customers are lively on Instagram month-to-month.
23. Instagrammers spend 11.7 hours every month on the platform.
24. The potential advert viewers is 996 million for Instagram Stories.
25. The potential advert viewers is 758.5 million customers for Reels.
26. Users reshare Reels 1 billion instances a day by DMs alone.
27. Users spend 30% of their whole time on Instagram watching Reels.
28. The common Instagram enterprise account grows its followers by 0.98% month-to-month.
29. Business accounts publish a mean of 1.71 feed posts per day.
30. The common engagement charge on Instagram enterprise account posts is 0.54%.
31. Conversion charges vary between 0.30% and a pair of.6% relying on attain.
32. Ad income is predicted to develop as much as $50.58 billion in 2023.
33. The most lively manufacturers publish 17 Stories month-to-month.
34. 52.2% of the Instagram viewers is male.
35. The common attain charge for Instagram Reels stood at 20.59%.
36. 70% of consumers look to Instagram for his or her subsequent buy.
37. 90% of Instagrammers observe a enterprise.
38. There’s an 80% enhance in customers’ time watching movies on the platform.
39. On common, 4.2 billion posts are appreciated on Instagram every day.
40. 68% of weekly customers go to the platform to work together with creators.
41. Twitter has 450 million month-to-month lively customers.
42. Twitter receives roughly 80% of its visitors through cell.
43. Around 6,000 tweets are despatched each second globally.
44. 70 million Twitter customers worldwide observe Twitter Topics.
45. People spend 26% extra time searching Twitter advertisements than different social media networks.
46. Tweets with movies are 6 instances extra more likely to be retweeted than posts with photos.
47. Twitter has an engaged month-to-month person base, with 7.2% of all web customers accessing Twitter not less than as soon as per thirty days.
48. The common go to period on the Twitter internet worldwide was virtually 11 minutes.
49. Twitter has 206 million monetizable every day lively customers globally.
50. 10% of Twitter customers are accountable for 92% of tweets.
51. 48% of customers flip to Twitter to get the newest information.
52. 500 million tweets are despatched every day.
53. 70.4% of Twitter customers are males.
54. People spend 26% longer viewing advertisements on Twitter.
55. 82% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use Twitter.
56. 79% of customers observe manufacturers.
57. Twitter drives a 40% higher ROI than different social media platforms.
58. Brands are 2.3x extra more likely to attain KPIs if advertising launches on Twitter.
59. Twitter utilization is rising 30% sooner than Instagram amongst Gen Z.
60. Twitter customers observe a mean of 405 accounts.
61. 930 million customers from 200 nations are at present on LinkedIn.
62. 61 million customers simply search for a job every week on the platform.
63. LinkedIn noticed an astounding 22% rise in engagement in 2022.
64. Only 16.2% of LinkedIn customers are lively every day.
65. 58 million firms have a LinkedIn presence.
66. 57.2% of LinkedIn customers are male.
67. 101 candidates are submitted on LinkedIn each second.
68. 8 individuals get employed on LinkedIn every minute.
69. 57% of seekers are on the platform for job looking.
70. 39,000 abilities are listed on the platform.
71. 72% of recruiters depend on LinkedIn for hiring.
72. 67% of recruiters really feel LinkedIn-hired professionals are high-quality candidates.
73. 75% of B2B entrepreneurs promote on LinkedIn.
74. Businesses have seen a 33% enhance in buy intent with LinkedIn advertisements.
75. LinkedIn’s conversion charges are 2 instances larger than different platforms.
76. 93% of B2B entrepreneurs use LinkedIn.
77. 77% of entrepreneurs agreed they acquired one of the best natural outcomes from LinkedIn.
78. 9 million LinkedIn customers have already switched to creator mode.
79. Active LinkedIn pages obtain 5 instances the web page views.
80. Posts with photos see 2X the engagement as these with out photos.
81. 53.79% of TikTookay creators are feminine.
82. 90% of customers open the app every day.
83. A person opens the app 8 instances per day.
84. 62% of TikTookay customers are Gen Zers.
85. TikTookay’s common engagement charge of seven.11%, six instances larger than Reels.
88. TikTookay has a mean remark charge of 0.09%, virtually double that of Instagram.
87. The common engagement charge by video views on TikTookay varies enormously for all prime 12 industries, from 3.6% to 7%.
88. An common TikTookay person spends 52 minutes per day.
89. More than 1 billion movies have been seen every day on TikTookay.
90. More than 60% of engaged TikTokers say they’ve appreciated a video within the final month, whereas 54% of engaged customers have commented on a person’s video.
91. 68% of customers watch others’ movies, whereas 55% of TikTokers add their very own movies.
92. The common watch charge on TikTookay is 12.5-26% relying on the variety of followers.
93. More than 100 billion common month-to-month video views on TikTookay.
94. 87.3% of movies have not less than one hashtag.
95. 33% of TikTokers say they repeatedly get their information from the app.
96. 46% of TikTokers have interaction with content material on TikTookay with out distractions or utilizing a number of screens directly.
97. TikTookay customers are 1.3x extra more likely to find out about merchandise and developments than their friends.
98. Brands are remembered 40% extra on TikTookay than on different platforms.
99. 50% of TikTokers have purchased one thing after watching TikTookay LIVE.
100. Remixing a TikTookay pattern results in a 14% enhance in watch time.
101. There are greater than 114 million lively YouTube channels.
102. YouTube has round 2.6 billion month-to-month lively customers.
103. The platform has 122 million every day lively customers.
104. Visitors spend a mean of 19 minutes per day on YouTube.
105. An common of 694,000 hours of video are streamed by customers per minute.
106. An common of two,500 new movies are uploaded each minute.
107. 82% of individuals use YouTube as a supply of leisure.
108. 18% use it particularly to observe manufacturers and corporations.
109. 7% use YouTube to strengthen their skilled work.
110. There are 51 million channels on YouTube, however solely 38 million are thought-about ‘active.’
111. 40.9% of watch time occurs on cell.
112. YouTube Shorts has 1.5 Billion month-to-month lively customers.
113. 22% of entrepreneurs are utilizing YouTube Stories.
114. 70% of viewers have bought after seeing a model on YouTube.
115. Ads focused by intent have a 100% larger raise in buy intent.
116. The ultimate size for a YouTube video is 10 minutes.
117. 62% of companies use YouTube for advertising, gross sales, and academic functions.
118. 90% of customers use YouTube as their most well-liked channel for viewing digital video content material.
119. 90% of web customers depend on YouTube to find new merchandise, providers, and types.
120. There are 720,000 hours of video content material being uploaded to YouTube every day.
121. 4.8 billion individuals at present use social media.
122. Out of 4.8 billion web customers, 93.33% are lively customers.
123. Users spend a mean of two hours and 28 minutes every day on social media.
124. The common person will go to 7.2 social media platforms month-to-month.
125. Social video promoting is predicted to succeed in $79.28 billion in 2024.
126. Of 4.48 billion social media customers, 99% entry web sites or apps by a cell gadget, with only one.32% accessing platforms completely through desktop.
127. 40% of all web customers worldwide use social media for work functions.
128. Total spend on social media promoting is projected to succeed in $268 billion in 2023.
129. Social media lately overtook paid search as an promoting channel, rising 25% YoY and exceeding $137 billion.
130. Retargeting advertisements are probably the most used amongst entrepreneurs, with 77% of B2B and B2C entrepreneurs.
131. According to 62% of entrepreneurs, social listening is one of the best social media advertising tactic.
Social media has develop into an indispensable a part of our every day lives, connecting billions worldwide. As the recognition of social media continues to develop, companies and entrepreneurs should keep knowledgeable in regards to the newest social media statistics.
These statistics can present worthwhile insights into person conduct, developments, and alternatives. Now that you realize which platforms dominate, it’s time to return to the drafting board. Chalk out your social media technique and arm your self with social media analytics instruments like Keyhole.
Keyhole helps you retain your social media presence in examine. Know which platform wants your fast consideration and which has the potential to develop. Keyhole provides many options like social publishing, pattern evaluation, social listening, marketing campaign administration, sentiment evaluation and way more in a single place. Take its free trial and see it for your self.
Media Monitoring 101: What It Is And How It Works[Tools Included]
Top 5 Online Reputation Management Tools For Transforming Any Crisis To Opportunity
Frequently Asked Questions
Social media customers are anticipated to succeed in 4.8 billion in 2023. This is a major enhance from the three.6 billion customers reported in 2020.
Based on present developments, TikTookay may have the best progress in 2023. It is estimated that TikTookay will attain 1.2 billion lively customers, which is a 50% enhance from 2020.
The common time spent on social media will enhance to 2.5 hours every day in 2023. This is a slight enhance from the two.4 hours reported in 2020. However, this quantity can differ relying on demographics and geographic location.